Do you have a few spare hours to help us to send joy to young carers?
CaringKids is a registered charity that recognises the role of young carers and works to reduce their feelings of loneliness and social isolation, by sending them Toy Boxes, we like to call Joy Boxes, packed with toys, games, stationery and books.
Our Vision is a world where play time is recognised as an essential need for young carers, enabling them to grow into healthy, resilient and compassionate adults.
We are looking for:
- volunteers will assist with checking, cleaning, and sorting of toy donations, as well as packing bespoke Toy Boxes (ensuring donations are appropriate and suitable) for our young carers
- the workshops operate in the mornings on several weekdays and Saturdays. Shifts are usually 2-3 hours
- we offer a friendly and fun environment for our volunteers whilst ensuring Covid safe measures are in place
- parking is available at both venues
CaringKids is looking for volunteers to run our market stalls on various Sundays throughout the year across Sydney.
We regularly participate at markets organized by My KidsMarkets to fundraise for CaringKids by selling pre-loved toys. The markets are all indoors and run from 6.30am to 1.30pm on a Sunday (including set-up and set-down time).
The volunteers are responsible for:
- collecting toys from our Hillsdale and Banksmeadow storage facilities
- packing second-hand toys into bags, and loading bags into the car
- setting- and packing-up market stalls
- interacting with the public
- selling toys
- handling cash and EFTPOS
- generally representing CaringKids
This role will require physical fitness. A company car can be provided. A valid NSW Drivers Licence is required.
How To Apply
Use the form below to apply to any of our volunteer positions with your
- details (name, phone number & email address)
- volunteer position/s you are interested in
- times available
We are looking forward to meet you.