Volunteering with CaringKids
CaringKids is a registered charity that recognises the role of young carers and works to reduce their feelings of loneliness and social isolation, by sending them Toy Boxes, we like to call Joy Boxes, packed with toys, games, stationery and books.
Our Vision is a world where play time is recognised as an essential need for young carers, enabling them to grow into healthy, resilient and compassionate adults.
We are registered with Centrelink for volunteering activities.
All volunteers must have a valid Working with Children Check.
We are looking for:
Our Banksmeadow workshop is a 3 minutes drive from the Westfield Eastgardens Shopping Centre
- volunteers will assist with checking, cleaning, and sorting of toy donations
- packing Toy Boxes (ensuring donations are appropriate and suitable) for our young carers
- shifts are usually 2-3 hours; the workshop operates in the mornings on several weekdays and Saturdays
- we offer a friendly and fun environment for our volunteers
- your efforts will help bring joy and support to children in challenging circumstances
- we have on-site parking, tea & coffee and plenty of fun!
How to apply
To apply for any position with CaringKids, please go to Seek Volunteer – Volunteer Opportunities with CaringKids to register your interest.
We are looking forward to meeting you.